The Drum at the End of the Rainbow
Annual Drum & Dance Retreat
2nd Annual coming June 2018 in Western Massachusetts
Join our low-volume email list for updates!
- - - - -
Recap - 1st Annual
June 16-18, 2017 - Chesterfield, MA
44 attended as registrants
23 attended as drop-ins
Here's what we did:
- Arrival & welcoming committee began at around 5:30pm
- As people arrived, they added to the omnivorous potluck, such that it went on for hours!
- Drumming and dancing commenced at around 8:15; fire was lit at about 10:00; we played together in thick, mystical fog
- Camp opening circle at 1:00am, followed by ritual drumming and chanting
- Night closed at ~2:00am
- We started bright and early. Breakfast was served at 7:30, and yoga started on time at 8:00am. Wow!
- The morning workshops were staggered by about 1/2 an hour to accommodate people who slept late
- Vegetarian lunch was followed by a 2-hour community meeting
- Drum & Dance themed workshops, very well attended, followed by meat & vegan dinner options
- We kept a relaxed schedule - plenty of downtime for swimming, napping, and connecting in between activities
- Drumming and dancing around the fire started at around 9:00pm
- It was a high-energy night, with a lot of people dropping in for the evening
- We circled up a little after 10:00, then resumed - the fog started to come back around this time
- We transitioned, slowly, piece by piece, to ritual drumming and chanting, starting at around 11:30pm
- After the ritual was over, a small group of us stayed at the fire, chatting and singing until close to dawn!
- Another fresh morning, with yoga starting at about 8:15am
- After yoga, we had a contact improv jam opposite a fun & silly rhythm play group
- Lunch was epic (the amount of food, I mean)
- About 20 of us gathered for a heartwarming closing circle at around 2:00pm
- We all ran whistling off into the woods! (well, we drove home.)
- Breaking Through Resistance (Gabrielli Lachiara)
- Rhythm & Flow Drumming (Cornell Coley)
- Moving Nature Mandala (Maya Apfelbaum)
- Rhythm in the Body (Lani Nahele)
- Yoga for Everybody (Anjali Rose)
- Mindful Flow Yoga (Chandra Cantor)
- Contact Improv Jam (Moti Zemelman)
- Percussion Bonanza (Glenn Smith)
Join us next year!